If you love helping people as much as you love technology, send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – we'd like to meet you and see if you meet our standard as a nerd. It is hugely important to us that we have Engineers that love talking with and helping people as much as they love tinkering with technology.
When you start with us you will undergo an intense 2-4 week technical and customer service training programme, before we let you loose on our customers. We want you to be as prepared as possible before you start helping home users with their computer and IT questions and problems, so they receive the best service and technical skills.
And don't worry if you don't have years of commercial experience or any technical qualifications – we have several apprenticeships and traineeships you can undertake. We invest a lot in all our Engineers, every person in our company has a budget of time each week to increase their knowledge and learn new skills.
It is a paid 40 hour week role comprising five 8 hour days, rostered on to any day of the week (we operate 7 days a week: 8am-10pm Monday-Friday and 9am-5pm Saturday-Sunday). Your time is split approximately between:
- 20 hours billable work (fixing customers' computer problems etc)
- 5 hours for admin and in team meetings etc
- 15 hours training (increasing their technical knowledge and learning new skills – including best practice customer service)
That is around 40% of your paid work time going towards learning!! As part of a comprehensive training programme we provide:
- One-to-one meetings with our most experienced engineers, each week
- Group training sessions on specific technical topics, every 1-2 weeks
- Customer service training (graduate with a NVQ in Customer Service)
- A senior engineer on-duty in offices hours so you can escalate jobs or questions to
- A quarterly development plan, tailored to your specific learning needs
- Microsoft exam fees
- Practice exams and other study resources (books, videos, podcasts etc)
Please don't be offended if we don't get back to you. We have over 300 applicants for each Engineer role we advertise - it seems we're a pretty sought after place to work!
- Every Engineer undergoes an intense 2-4 week customer service and technical training programme before they work with customers.
- All team members at our company has budgeted time each week to advance their knowledge and develop new skills.
- Due to the high volume of submissions, we can't respond to all applications, we're sorry.
We are Microsoft Gold Partners
We support Apple Macs
And other Apple products